§ 1 General
Something Vintage is an online shop for lovers of vintage treasures, decorations, dishes (cups, plates, glasses, bowls, etc.), and other antique items.
All items were digitally photographed. It may come to insignificant differences between the representation of the items and the reality. Such deviations are not considered defects.
§ 2 Contracting party
Something Vintage e.U. (mentioned below as ‘Something Vintage’)
Founder: Julia Tar
§ 3 Applicability
Unless otherwise agreed, these Terms and Conditions apply to all orders. The online shop is aimed exclusively at consumers. A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction from non-commercial or self-employed activities.
If any designation of these Terms and Conditions is not effective in whole or in part, the statutory prescription shall apply instead. The remaining designations stay in effect.
§ 4 Conclusion of the contract and storage of the contract
The contract is concluded with Something Vintage (see § 2). The contract language is English.
By placing the products in the online shop, Something Vintage makes a binding offer to conclude a contract for these items. The customer can initially put the products into the shopping cart with no obligation and correct the entries at any time before sending the binding order by using the corrective aids provided and explained in the ordering process. The contract is concluded when the customer accepts the offer for the items contained in the shopping cart by clicking on the order button. Immediately after sending the order, the customer will once again receive a confirmation by email and the applicable Terms and Conditions.
The text of the contract is saved with the orders.
§ 5 Payment
The products are tax-exempt according to the small business regulation §6 (1) 27 UStG. Shipping costs are not included in the displayed price, these are added at the checkout process.
Following payment options are available:
- Credit card payment: Upon submitting the order, the customer transmits the credit card details to Something Vintage. After legitimizing as a legitimate cardholder, Something Vintage will prompt to initiate the payment transaction immediately after ordering the credit card company. The payment transaction is automatically performed by the credit card company and debited from the customer’s card.
- Sofort payment: After placing the order, the customer will be redirected to the website of the online provider Sofort GmbH. To be able to pay the invoice amount immediately, the customer must have an online banking account with PIN/TAN procedure activated to participate in Sofort GmbH, have his/her authorization and confirm the payment order to Something Vintage. Further information will be given to the customer during the ordering process. The payment transaction is immediately executed by Sofort GmbH and debited the account of the customer. However, it may take up to 5 business days (in exceptional cases up to 14 business days) for Something Vintage to receive the payment. After the receipt of the payment, your order will be shipped. Sofort payment is available only for customers from Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain at the moment.
- Bank Transfer: After placing the order, the customer will receive the bank details of Something Vintage. The order will be shipped only after the receipt of money in the bank account.
- Paypal: In the order process, the customer is redirected to the website of the online provider PayPal. To pay the invoice amount via PayPal, the customer must be registered there or first register, legitimize with the access data and confirm the payment order to Something Vintage. After placing the order in the shop, Something Vintage asks PayPal to initiate the payment transaction. The payment transaction will be carried out automatically by PayPal immediately thereafter. Further information is given to the customer during the ordering process.
§ 6 Invoice
The invoices are sent electronically. You will receive the electronic invoices in PDF format with the confirmation email.
§ 7 Delivery and shipping costs
Something Vintage is based in Vienna. The shipping takes place within the EU and includes a tracking number. The parcels will be sent by the Austrian Post.
The customer also has the opportunity to pick up the items in Vienna. If you choose this option at checkout, please contact Something Vintage to arrange a pick-up time. The pick-up times are arranged individually with each customer.
Please note that the shipping costs are based on total weight. This consists of the weight of the items plus the weight of the packaging material.
Shipping costs within Austria:
- package XS (up to 0,5 kg) 2,90 €
- package S (0,5 kg to 2 kg) 4,90 €
- package M (2 kg to 4 kg) 6,90 €
- package L (4 kg to 10 kg) 8,90 €
- package XL (10 kg to 20 kg) 13,90 €
- free shipping above 110 €
- Please note that no packages above 20 kg will be sent.
Shipping costs in the EU:
- package XS (up to 0,5 kg) 6,90 €
- package S (0,5 kg to 2 kg) 13,90 €
- package M (2 kg to 4 kg) 16,90 €
- package L (4 kg to 10 kg) 19,90 €
- package XL (10 kg to 20 kg) 29,90 €
- free shipping above 150 €
- Please note that no packages above 20 kg will be sent.
Shipping costs to Europe (non-EU):
- package XS (up to 0,5 kg) 8,90 €
- package S (0,5 kg to 2 kg) 14,90 €
- package M (2 kg to 4 kg) 20,90 €
- package L (4 kg to 10 kg) 29,90 €
- package XL (10 kg to 20 kg) 49,90 €
- Please note that we do not ship packages above 20 kg.
- We only ship to the following non-EU countries in Europe: Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican.
The delivery takes place after the receipt of the payment. The delivery time within Austria is about 2-3 business days, in the EU about 2-8 business days and to the non-EU countries about 5-15 business days. Please note that these delivery times are not guaranteed and especially for international shipments the delivery times can change, as these depend on the shipping provider.
Something Vintage accepts no liability for damage caused by the transport company.
§ 8 Right of withdrawal
The customer can return the items without any reason within 14 days. To administer your right to cancel your order, you have to inform Something Vintage, by sending an explicit declaration stating that you are repealing your contract of purchase (for example: by sending an email). In this case, Something Vintage only refunds the purchase price, the return costs are to be paid by the customer. In the case of a defective product (except the defect was announced before the purchase), Something Vintage will refund the purchase price and the return costs.
The items must be returned unused and under the condition that the customer received them.
In certain situations, only part of the amount will be refunded:
- Items that are not in their original condition are damaged or missing parts.
- Items returned after the expiry of the 14 day withdrawal period.
Once the return has been received and verified, the customer will receive an email and the amount will be transferred to his/her account.
If the customer returns items over 20 €, he/she should consider a shipment including a tracking number. Something Vintage does not guarantee that it will receive the returned item.
The costs for a return shipment due to the wrong address or no timely pick up at the post office must be borne by the customer. Something Vintage cannot assume any liability for third party debt. These costs amount to 5 € up to 10 kg and 6 € above 10 kg within Austria. In the EU, this cost amounts to 20 € independently of the weight.
In case of a return, please contact Something Vintage.
§ 9 Warranty disclaimer
Unless explicitly agreed otherwise below, the statutory warranty rights apply.
§ 10 Transfer of risk
Until the items are handed over, the risk of deterioration or loss of the items lies with Something Vintage. After the handover, this risk passes to the consumer.
§ 11 Retention of title
Until full payment, the delivered items remain the property of Something Vintage.
The customer acknowledges that the use of his/her data for accounting and customer evidence is stored and processed. The data is used to fulfil legal requirements and to process the payment transactions. Customer data will not be passed on to third parties unless this is necessary for the execution of the contract.
§ 13 Jurisdiction and applicable law
All contracts are governed by Austrian law. It is also the mandatory provisions of the law of the state in which the consumer has his habitual residence to apply to this contract.
Austria: Disputes shall be governed by the jurisdiction of the court where the consumer is domiciled or habitually resident.
International: All disputes arising out of or in connection with the present contract shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed by the said Rules.
§ 14 Transport damages
If items are delivered with obvious transport damage, then the customer should complain about such errors as soon as possible at the deliverer and contact Something Vintage. The omission of a complaint or contact has no consequences for the legal claims and their enforcement, in particular the warranty rights. The customer helps Something Vintage, to assert her claims against the carrier or the transport insurance.
§ 15 Dispute resolution
According to the Regulation on Online Dispute Resolution in Consumer Affairs (ODR Regulation), consumers have the opportunity to complain at the EU’s online dispute resolution platform on this page.
Something Vintage is not obliged and unwilling to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.