The cake server is from Austria and according to the hallmark it is dated between 1891 and 1930.
The Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik was founded in 1843 in Berndorf, Lower Austria. Alfred Krupp, one of the founders, received the title of Imperial and Royal Court Supplier in 1898. A peculiarity among the company’s products was the so-called alpaca silver, because it had great durability. From the profits of the company many social institutions were donated in Berndorf, like residential buildings or the today still famous Berndorf schools.
The cake server is from England and is marked EPNS. EPNS is the abbreviation for electroplated nickel silver. It was made in the Sanders & Blackband manufactury in Birmingham. The manufactury was founded in 1936.